Thursday, March 20, 2008

Beginning to Feel Like Something's Going on Down There

For the past two or so weeks I've been having these feelings crawling across my lower abdomen. Much like a four year old sticking her fingers into your gut roll to see how squishy it really is. This, I have come to realize, is the babe. Did I tell you it was a him? It's a him. I love knowing it's a him so now I don't have to say "he or she" or "him slash her" every time I refer to "him" out of fear of causing him to be gender confused at birth. You're a him! Hi! You're a he! You have a penis! Or so that's what the ultrasound tech said it was, looked kind of like a white dash to me, but hey, I'm not certified.

So, his busiest times are in the morning as I sit typing trying to concentrate on my work - which is a feat in itself minus the swimming bean, and at night when I lay down to sleep. It's so crazy when we sit and think about what he's doing in there. Does he get bored? Is he like, alright, enough of this fleshy womb and heartbeat stuff? Give me some toys or a pet or something. I bet he totally wants to text message someone and is so pissed he doesn't have a phone in there.

No comments: