Monday, February 26, 2007

Marathons are for Music

Saw an incredible Jazz concert at Lincoln Center on Saturday. It was a truly unique spin on the regular show by having backdrops of Picasso, Monet, Pollock, Matisse, Van Gogh, and Dali scrolling, with permission from MOMA, set to music written by Ted Nash. I loved every minute of it! My fav's were Dali and Matisse.

I won't pretend to know very much of anything about art. As a matter of fact, I don't really tend to enjoy Modern Art period. But I left this concert feeling like I knew more about the artists by listening to their Jazz accompaniment. (Is that even a word?) You know what I mean. Counterpart then. I am convinced Mr. Nash is brilliant and people will talk about him for years and years. At least I hope they will, and when they do, I'll say, "Hey, I went to an amazing concert of his!" Because that's really cool.

On another note, I ran in the Al Gordon Snowflake 4M on Saturday and let me tell you, 4 miles is a LONG WAY away from the start line. Too long. But I did feel really good afterwards, after the nausea left and I could move my legs again, that is. Isn't the name funny? Al Gordon. Like you're saying it and thinking, 'am I saying Al Gore?' But you're not. You clip it off with the -don.

And so then I'm thinking, who in their right mind would run 22 more miles after this amount of running at one time? I think we should just be glad that the guy from Greece did it the one time, and move on. I mean give him some respect, he died for crying out loud after he finished! Nothing like millions of people repeating his run over and over only to be perfectly healthy and congratulated afterward, for him to feel truly appreciated. Thanks a lot, too bad you're dead!

No comments: