Thursday, March 1, 2007

Where Doe$ It All Come From?

To ponder the amounts of money in this city gives me great grief at times. I just learned from a colleague that attended a benefit for her son's french private grade school that said school raised $1.4 million in one evening to spend toward the school's curricula, beautification, and new prison bars. Now, I'm thinking...

So I'll just throw this out and see if we get any snags.

My husband and I would like to invite everyone to a silent auction for Our Cause. Several of the items being auctioned off will include A Weeks Stay at our Brooklyn Apartment, provided you take care of our dog and water the plants. Another much-sought after prize will be a collection of X-Box Games, without instructions or cases. Light hors dourves will be served, eh-hem pigs in blankets, as well as an open bar, byob. Please bring low denomination bills and/or checks. We apologize for the inconvenience, but do not except credit cards at this time. Thank you and have a splendiforous day.

No comments: