Friday, February 23, 2007

Because I'm Married

A public service announcement...

I have come to the realization over the past year and a half since I got married to the love of my life (and I'm not just saying that to get a nice present, although a nice present would be very nice). The realization is this: Single People are critical of Married People for being Married. I feel like pointing this out because the common misconception is that Married People hate Single People for their wild and crazy, uninhibited, exciting, drunken lives, but in reality this is false! I do all of those things and I'm married. Now, I just have someone that has to witness all of my wild and craziness, is embarrassed by my uninhibitedness, takes part in my excitedness, contributes to my drunkenness, and still wears his wedding ring the next day.

I'm not saying that I think every person should be married. On the contrary, some would be quite miserable and fail exceeding well at it. I just don't think the Single People should wage war on the Married People. Appreciate their marriedness, like the growth of a new appendage. Wouldn't you like to have a friend with three arms to lend a hand when you need one? Or a friend with an extra leg to kick someone in the ass if you need them to? I would.

*Addendum: I am aware that there are certain married types who are dropped into a cavernous abyss black hole when they get married and therefore their single friends are sad. But, we are not all this type of Married People. Thank you and have a superific day.

No comments: