Monday, March 2, 2009

Glass Houses Etc.

Let me just weigh in on the discussion of two newsreel items all up in my face and all of your faces if you're watching the national news right now. (This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I have raging PMS hormones right now).

1. If you find yourself making negative internal or vocal judgements about Natalie Sulemon I would really, really love to meet you in person because you must be the most perfect mother in the world and I'd like to pick your brain about a few things like "How the hell do you master this crazy unmeasurable vocation that changes constantly and demands more of yourself than anything in the universe?"

2. There are way too many abandoned children in the f-ed up foster system for people to be raising Chimpanzees as humans. Belly up to the bar and make a difference in a child's life* rather than fulfill some kind of weird need to receive unconditional love from something other than a cat or dog.

*Disclosure statement: Yes, I realize not everyone's capable nor should they accept the huge responsibility of raising a child if they are not ready or willing to do so. However, there are other ways to help if you are able and God knows there is plenty of need, especially right now.

**Okay, I'll be nice now.

No comments: