Monday, November 17, 2008

Yesterday In My Life

Yesterday I hosted a dinner party.

No, not earth shattering, but can you do that with a 3 month old TIME BOMB in tow?

I didn't think so. Now wipe your tears and bring your blood pressure down, you're not on trial here.

And it was kind of a success if I do say so my damn self. Pics will follow, you know, eventually. The menu, you ask?
Course 1: Salad with white cheddar, cranberries, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette
Drink 1: Frosty Hoegarden
Course 2: Roasted Portabello's with prosciutto and mozzarella
Drink 2: Cotes De Rhone
Course 3: Lasagna with whole wheat noodles and meat sauce
Drink 3: Water
Course 4: Nestle Toll House brownies with holiday chips
Drink 4: Milk in frosty glass

Yum.

[The take home message is this: I've had the displeasure of experiencing Nestle's Toll House ready to bake brownies twice now, thereby accrediting me as an expert witness, and I must say they are not excellent. The Toll House staff knows more about cookies than brownies evidently, and the cookie remains the hometown favorite. So if you still manage to purchase, bake and eat the brownie variety, I wash my hands of your disappointment. There, done.]

No comments: