Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Notice of Toll Violation - First Offense

After recieving what was absolutely not a Happy Birthday card in the mail from the Port Authority of NY and NJ, I did receive a happy little letter explaining that since I allegedly "passed through a Port Authority toll lane without payment of the applicable toll", I owed the state of New York 31 bucks. I decided to give the friendly customer service lady a call.

Me: Hi, I received a ticket for violating the EZ Pass lane and I don't own a car.

CSR Lady: Can you give me the ticket number?

Me: Sure! Blah-blah-blah.

CSR Lady: (tap, tap, tap, tap) Hmmmmmmm. Hm. (tap, tap, tap) Hmmmm. And your license plate number is Blah-ble-blay-blahblah?

Me: ....... (cricket) ......... No..... I don't own a car.

CSR Lady: Hmmm. (tap-t-t-t-tap-tap-tap!!) Hold on one second. (tap!, tap!, tap!) Hm. Yes, I'm going to have to turn this over to the DMV.

Me: Oh, riiiight. You certainly do.

No comments: